By Ian H. Witten, David Bainbridge
Given sleek society's have to regulate its ever-increasing physique of data, electronic libraries may be one of the most vital and influential associations of this century. With their versatility, accessibility, and financial system, those targeted collections of every thing electronic are speedy changing into the "banks" during which the world's wealth of data is stored.
How to construct a electronic Library is the one e-book that provides all of the wisdom and tools had to build and preserve a electronic library-no subject how huge or small. the world over famous specialists offer a completely built, step by step procedure, in addition to the software program that makes all of it attainable. How to construct a electronic Library is the peerlessly self-contained source for people, enterprises, and associations wishing to place this strong software to paintings of their burgeoning details treasuries.
* Sketches the historical past of libraries-both conventional and digital-and their effect on current practices and destiny directions
* deals in-depth assurance of today's useful criteria used to symbolize and shop details digitally
* makes use of Greenstone, freely obtainable open-source software-available with interfaces within the world's significant languages (including Spanish, chinese language, and Arabic)
* Written for either technical and non-technical audiences
* Web-enhanced with software program documentation, colour illustrations, full-text index, resource code, and extra