By Steven H. Voldman
With the expansion of high-speed telecommunications and instant know-how, it's turning into more and more very important for engineers to appreciate radio frequency (RF) functions and their sensitivity to electrostatic discharge (ESD) phenomena. this permits the improvement of ESD layout tools for RF technology,В leading to elevated defense opposed to electric overstress (EOS) and ESD.
ESD: RF know-how and Circuits:
- provides tools for co-synthesizisng ESD networks for RF purposes to accomplish enhanced functionality and ESD safeguard of semiconductor chips;
- discusses RF ESD layout equipment of capacitance load transformation, matching community co-synthesis, capacitance shunts, inductive shunts, impedance isolation, load cancellation tools, dispensed quite a bit, emitter degeneration, buffering and ballasting;
- examines ESD safeguard and layout of energetic and passive parts in RF complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS), RF laterally-diffused steel oxide semiconductor (LDMOS), RF BiCMOS Silicon Germanium (SiGe), RF BiCMOS Silicon Germanium Carbon (SiGeC), and Gallim Arsenide expertise;
- offers info on RF ESD checking out methodologies, RF degradation results, and failure mechanisms for units, circuits and platforms;
- highlights RF ESD mixed-signal layout integration of electronic, analog and RF circuitry;
- units out examples of RF ESD layout laptop aided layout methodologies;
- covers state of the art RF ESD enter circuits, in addition to voltage-triggered to RC-triggered ESD energy clamps networks in RF applied sciences, in addition to off-chip security techniques.
Following the authors sequence of books on ESD, this publication may be a radical evaluation of ESD in RF expertise for RF semiconductor chip and ESD engineers. gadget and circuit engineers operating within the RF area, and caliber, reliability and failure research engineers also will locate it a worthwhile reference within the quickly growing to be are of RF ESD layout. moreover, it is going to attract graduate scholars in RF microwave expertise and RF circuit layout.