By Klaus Schubert, Paloma de Villota, Johanna Kuhlmann
This publication offers the 1st entire analyses of the demanding situations all eu welfare structures were dealing with because 2007, combining in-depth country-based experiences and comparative chapters. It makes a speciality of: 1) the industrial and monetary predicament, 2) demographic swap, and three) the stability among averting hazards and establishing up possibilities in social coverage. the implications exhibit that eu welfare structures are likely to face an analogous demanding situations in several methods and that still their responses to these demanding situations fluctuate significantly. even if the european additionally performs an element in shaping nationwide welfare platforms, it turns into glaring that ecu welfare structures are under no circumstances converging: when it comes to social coverage, nationwide variety inside Europe continues to be a significant component that might form destiny advancements in eu welfare systems.
Read or Download Challenges to European Welfare Systems PDF
Similar european books
Комплект открыток. Западноевропейская живопись из собраний Эрмитажа.
This Atlas offers files of climatic variability and alter in Europe beginning prior to 1901 and focuses in particular on traits of utmost temperatures and precipitation. The authors have used software program built inside of EMULATE (European and North Atlantic day-by-day to MULtidecadal weather variability) to procure the extremes indices and temporal tendencies.
Even though written basically to be used by means of British businessmen, this publication additionally goals to supply an advent to the topic of pageant coverage to scholars of legislations, of economics, and of public management.
The booklet examines cinema in post-1989 Europe by way of how the recent post-Cold struggle cinematographic co-productions articulate the political and cultural goals of a brand new Europe as they redefine a eu id.
- Alone in Silence: European Women in the Canadian North before 1940
- High Order Nonlinear Numerical Schemes for Evolutionary PDEs: Proceedings of the European Workshop HONOM 2013, Bordeaux, France, March 18-22, 2013
- The Growth of the Antwerp Market and the European Economy: Fourteenth-Sixteenth Centuries. II Interpretation
- Regulating Conflicts of Interest for Holders of Public Office in the European Union. A Comparative Study of the Rules and Standards of Professional Ethics for the Holders of Public Office in the EU-27 and EU Institutions
- Evolutionary Computation in Combinatorial Optimisation: 14th European Conference, EvoCOP 2014, Granada, Spain, April 23-25, 2014, Revised Selected Papers
- Börsen in Transformationsökonomien: Rolle, Effizienz und strategische Optionen
Extra info for Challenges to European Welfare Systems
Or, it might allow for innovation in single provinces which then might have the potential to diffuse across the country. There are examples for both developments in the past. In the more recent past, conﬂicting lines between the national level and the provincial levels often have been stronger than those between political parties on the national level. Treaties of state-provinces have therefore commonly been used to resolve problems arising from this split and to agree on reform plans. In what follows, major welfare reforms and reform debates in the 2007–2013 period will be discussed for selected welfare state sectors.
Schlager, C. (2014). Soziale Ungleichheit und Armut aus Geschlechterperspektive. In N. Dimmel, € M. Schenk, & C. ), Handbuch Armut in Osterreich (pp. 158–169). Innsbruck: Studienverlag. , & Schludi, M. (2007). Austria: From electoral cartels to competitive coalitionbuilding. In E. M. Immergut, K. M. Anderson, & I. ), The handbook of West European pension politics (pp. 555–604). Oxford: Oxford University Press. Statistik Austria. (2013a). Einkommen, Armut und Lebensbedingungen: Tabellenband EU-SILC 2012.
1) (Eurostat 2014). As in many other European countries, population ageing is an issue of major concern in Belgium as well. Life expectancy at birth has increased steadily over the past few decades. 8 respectively) (Eurostat 2014). 12 populaƟon in million people Fig. 1 The population growth by age, 2003–2013. Source: Statistics Belgium (2014) 10 8 6 4 2 0 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 65 or older 18 to 64 18 or younger 40 I. Marx and N. Schuerman Fig. 2 The age pyramid of the Belgian population, 2013.